Dance Plus & Covid-19: Now open by Appointment
Updated August 13th, 2020
* Appointments for Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays can be booked online (a minimum of 12 hours notice).
* Additional appointments are available, just call us (416) 251-5998
At Dance Plus, the safety of the dance community has been our first priority. After much careful consideration, we have decided to re-open our store, but only by appointment. This will allow us to limit the number of customers in the store at one time and to give us the opportunity to disinfect our shop between each customer.
Dance Plus is a family business and we have family members who fall into the high risk group. Therefore we ask that you do not visit our store if you have been exposed to Covid-19 or are experiencing any symptoms. We must insist on masks for you and for ourselves, and will provide one if you don't have one.
* More information on our appointments and the procedures we have implemented to keep everyone safe.
Updated June 7th, 2020
Like many retailers we temporarily closed our retail store on March 17th, as we put the the health and welfare of our customers and our family first.
On May 14th, Premier Doug Ford announced Stage 1 of his reopening plan, and as of Tuesday May 19th, retail stores that have street access can reopen. However, many businesses remain closed including hair salons.
After careful consideration we have come to the conclusion that our business is not like a typical retail business or even a typical shoe store, because we don't just hand our customers their shoes, we fit you for a piece of sports equipment for your feet. Just like a hairstylist can't cut your hair from six feet away, we can't always help you find the right fit from six feet away. Therefore we have decided to open our retail location when the province starts Stage 2 of their re-opening plan.
How things will be different
- When we do open our store we will be open by appointment only. Appointments can be made in advance of you can phone the store from your car outside the shop, to see if we can accomodate you.
- Only one customer or group of customers (that all arrive together) will be allowed in the store at one time.
- Masks or a face covering will be required of our customers and we will wear one as well.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as will disposable gloves for handling the shoes.
- New cleaning and sanitization practices will be implemented.
- Contactless payment will be encouraged
What else are we doing to help?
- We are listening. Tell us what you need to feel safe.
- We are currently exploring video technology to help our customers that still don't want to come or are unable to come to our store.
- We have all our customers shoe sizes and fitting information on file, so we are here and ready to guide you to your next pair of dance shoes.